This is a short one because we are getting ready for a two week trek tomorrow and I still have to pack. Also, I've been fighting off a cold and am feeling a little under the weather.
We arrived into Nepal after a looooong flight and 10 hours in the Delhi airport. Kathmandu is a crazy place. The smells, sites and sounds inundate you from the moment you step off the plane. We were only there 2 days and took an 8 hour bus today to the northern part of Nepal (Pohkra) and start our Annapurna trek tomorrow. If you have never heard of it, google it so you have an idea. I've wanted to do this trek for years and it looks amazing.
We rented all our gear and it's safe to say I will be the ugliest person on the mountain. My coat is red. My hat is pink. My gloves are brown and black. You get the idea.
Lori and I are doing the trek on our own! No guide and only a map that neither of us can read. It's a well traveled trail so I'm sure we'll be fine. Besides, how can I get lost with my outfit?
I'll sign off and be in touch in two weeks! Wish us luck.
Love Kristin