Saturday, April 4, 2009

Lovely London

Greetings from London! I'm finally here. Everything still seems a bit surreal, but it's slowly setting in that my journey is underway. I left on Wednesday and found my seat on the flight to London and couldn't believe my luck. I was sitting next to a great looking guy with a wonderful personality and enormous amounts of charisma. It all made sense! This must be Mr. Right and of course I was destined to meet him on an international flight to some exotic country. Then he introduced me to his wife and 3 children sitting in the row behind us. Sigh......

I arrived into Heathrow to meet my dear friend, Sophie. I met Sophie 5 years ago in Antarctica (that's always so much fun to say) and we've been great traveling friends since. She invited me to stay at her adorable flat in a beautiful part of London. Although my stay here has been much too short, we've managed to pack in as much as possible: The first night she introduced me to her friends and we visited their favorite local pub. The next two days Sophie and I walked all over London and checked out museums, churches, parks, more pubs, and the Thames.
Tonight I have the flat to myself because Sophie and her boyfriend had a wedding to attend about an hour north of London and won't be home until tomorrow. I have free reign of the flat and am catching up on e-mails and sorting my bags because I meet Lori at the airport tomorrow and we fly to India. I have no expectations and come to think of it, I have no reservations or anything organized. It should be interesting.
Cheers!